January 7, 2009

The One-Minute Writer: Today's Writing Prompt: Time

The One-Minute Writer: Today's Writing Prompt: Time:

"Busy people have lots of time because they never stop. It is harder to start if you do nothing.
Busy people always try to squeeze in one more task, say yes to one more job, join one more committee...
What are they running from? The only important thing is to take time to savour your health, lifestyle, friends and families.

Life is not a dress rehearsal...
Live for the moment."


I have run away for years by burying myself in my very enjoyable but time-consuming work.
... but age, experience, watching people die too young, seeing friends cope with illness.. have all made me realise I need to change my thinking.

Yes - more exercise, eat better; all worthy things to aim for, but I am acutely aware that we could die tomorrow, so I am trying to slow down and enjoy "life".
I need to work to maintain an income but it is not "me".... it is just one part of my life. The rest is up to me to create for myself.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds sensible to me.

    There's nothing at all wrong with keeping busy - as long as you see relaxation, time with family and friends, pursuing hobbies and so on as tasks to set plenty of time aside for, just as you do for your work, committees (and blogging!) and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Ro - changing priorities and making them important enough to let other things go for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy "life"

    It sounds simple, yet so true. We are so busy in our everyday lives that we may forget to stop and see the beauty and wonder around us/.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin