October 6, 2009

'You are being shagged by a rare parrot' - Last Chance To See

I love Stephen Fry and follow him on Twitter... I appreciate his unique view of the world and his tour of New Zealand has led to some great footage.

This footage displays our rare and endangered New Zealand Kakapo Parrot...
(read more about them at: http://www.seriousfunnewzealand.com/aboutnz/kakapo.cfm)

This video shows them as I have certainly never seen one before!
Have you been shagged by a Kakapo lately?

Thank you so much to Caroline from "Brinkbeest in English" for putting me onto this!
http://brinkbeestinenglish.blogspot.com/2009/10/ever-been-shagged-by-kakapo.html

Posted via web from Fiona's posterous

8 comments:

  1. wow, that's a big parrot! i liked how he stood his ground, and was never intimidated by the entuder.
    are these species endangered? what are your conservationist doing about it?
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very endangered Odette... have a look at this web site as our Dept of Conservation is working hard to save them! I have a number of friends who have been involved in the research and tracking processes.
    http://www.kakaporecovery.org.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! Have you seen my post? A rare coincidence!
    I love Stephen Fry too by the way. Have you read his biography? Moab is my washpot it's called. Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, OOPS, hehe, sorry, just read the post all the way (ahum) to the last lines. Not such a coincidence then. Hehe. Great that you posted it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shock!! I love Stephen Fry too, find his humour so entertaining.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder those rare parrots are an endangered species if they can't tell the difference between a delectable female parrot and a TV crew!!!! Is this a new Stephen Fry TV show? I'll have to watch out here in Canada as I enjoy his shows a lot. And that's a hilarious video clip! I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The entire series, "Last Chance To See" has been excellent. My only regret is that the person who actually originated the idea, Douglas Adams, is no longer around to be part of it.

    Do I take it that it's not being shown down there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ro - sadly, I have not seen it on tv down here.. we were just aware that Stephen was here filming. Sounds like a great concept and yes RIP Douglas.

    The kakapo was named Sirocco and he is famous you can find him on
    Facebook: Sirocco Kakapo
    The film has certainly increased his fame...

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin