The sea slugs carrying the deadly TTX toxin are moving south from Auckland. A dog has been reported to have died from it near Thames after playing on Tapu Beach.
This is the same toxin found in the infamous puffer fish.. and dogs get it from playing with the slugs. This is also a risk to children who might get the slime on their hands.
I was talking to a colleague today about their recent holiday in Port Douglas. She says they have nets to keep the deadly jelly fish and stingers away from the beaches. I know the Gold coast have shark nets... anyone for slug nets?
Phoebe's family were playing on the beach up north today - where the slug warning seems to have been lifted with no new cases being reported. However, on arriving home they heard there was another tsunami warning.
Take care out there peoples and pets!