November 14, 2010

Birthday treats and cakes



A special birthday yesterday with some beautiful presents...  I have been very spoiled and will be able to enjoy chocolates and  wine, stunning jewellery, beautiful perfumes and beauty treatments for a while yet. My partner not only got me a new handbag, but cooked me his first ever cake; banana choc chip with strawberries - was delicious. My daughter gave me some special birthday cupcakes, and although the 30C heat tried to melt them, they taste wonderful!

We had a family dinner, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the new Lindauer Summer champagne ( there is a review here if you are interested; overall we all thought it was nice) . The earthquakes stayed away until after midnight, then gave us a good 4.7 one to wake us up, and another 4.9 tonight to keep us on our toes.  Such is the way they go - likely to go on for a long time by the sound of it.

It has certainly been a particularly tough year so it feels really good to appreciate these happy times. On Tuesday my brother arrives from Vancouver, via Jakarta, for the rest of the week so we can celebrate Mum's birthday early and do it all again!

Cheers :)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulayions and may the coming year be tremor free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you had such a great day. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!
    A hard earned and well deserved birthday. Glad you got to relax, surrounded by lovely people and forget other troubles............even for just a while (until shaken awake I guess).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, i drooled looking at the cake! happy birthday Fi!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve to be spoiled Fi. Enjoy every minute....lots of love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuuumm! That cake looks amazing. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I hope that this coming year is less traumatic and brings you good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Happy Birthday! Many more, and just as many happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy birthday dear and what a wonderful day you had. The strawberry cake looks delicious and the cupcakes are so pretty You have a wonderful family. great to see your bro soon.
    Nice to be all together for you mums birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there Fi...
    GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
    Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but thank you for visiting my blog! It is always nice to make new friends and I am looking forward to following your journey.
    Happy Birthday, by the way - that cake looks soooo yummy! I'm salivating! Happy Birthday to your mom soon too.
    As Angus said - I hope your new year is tremor free!
    Sending lotsaluv
    MAXMOM IN SA
    ps. By the way, I too have a student daughter in Veterinary Sc.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin