February 20, 2012

Christchurch Earthquake | Nature returns as city... | Stuff.co.nz

Fresh video of the inner city, just for some idea of what is gone, going, staying.
Pretty depressing really. I am trying to see somepositives in the extra space and light the new city might have - if it is rebuilt there.
Because I work on the south east edge of the cordon, I get to see much of it as I drive around the fencelines, but this is still hard to watch. Too many memories.

Posted via email from Four Paws and Whiskers

5 comments:

  1. It breaks my heart to see that beautiful city in ruins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognise so little of it now. Heartbreaking doesn't begin to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartbreaking and totally disorientating too. No idea where we are seeing a lot of the time and when his commentary stops, I feel lost! The still image that shows the video is just a short walk up the road from work and where we often used to eat lunch.... but then, new places have sprung up near us too - we are exploring new stuff :)

      Delete
  3. Article on the front pge of todays Guardian about how quiet downtown Christchurch is at night.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin