September 25, 2012

Ricky Gervais saves animals from cosmetics testing

Good to see this campaign.  Worth supporting... and he is right - it is totally unnecessary to test cosmetic on animals - or foods!

 

If you don't believe me, just go and watch the animal testing shown on the Mars video on this site below...

but I warn you, it will upset you. 

 

http://www.marscandykills.com/

 

I know that there are situations where medicine and procedures need to be tested or taught. I have a problem with using dog cadavers in our training and have managed to avoid it in the 15 years i have been teaching vet nurses.... I definitely can't imagine inflicting ongoing pain. New Zealand has very strict laws about research and teaching - we might be better than many other countries, but we need to constantly ask the question - why is this procedure required to be tested on animals.

Posted via email from Four Paws and Whiskers

2 comments:

  1. Testing things like cosmetics on animals is wholly unjustified. I had never realised that foods might also be tested that way: it just hadn't occurred to me. When it comes to medicines my principles tend to take a bit of a hammering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will never go away but the Three R alternative principle is great.
    Www.ccac.ca/en_/three

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin