April 14, 2013

All Creatures Great and Small - at the Expo today

Good to see so many people at the Pet Expo today, particularly so many students from our present and past classes. Took Libby and I a long time to get round and see everything because we stopped to talk to so many people, but that was half the fun too.

Managed to get a new furminator like brush for Jess and a high vis jacket for Rosie - will bring it out for you next time Jaz and Mark.

You can order the jackets from here




There were some large creatures






and some smaller ones






and some little ones






and one that reminded me of Saffy.
http://fourpawsandwhiskers.blogspot.co.nz/2010/10/saffy-2000-2010.html

I still have her ashes at home.
One day I will do something....

I was particularly impressed with the beautiful memorial beads on show there today.


Memorial Beads are a beautiful keepsake of your deceased loved-one.
Flame Art Memorial Beads are hand-formed into an appealing wearable glass bead in New Zealand using Italian glass. Ash from cremation can be incorporated into the bead,sealed internally and either visible or shielded from view with coloured glass.

http://www.flameart.co.nz/

They can be set as a pendant for a necklace.... or in a marble like paper weight.
Very tempting!
There are more to see on the gallery section of their web site





Was good to see so many people enjoying meeting all the animals. Many commented on how good they were with them, and I guess it attracts people who like animals and filters out the rest.  The children were certainly having lot of fun, it was lovely weather and the range of animals was brilliant. I really enjoyed it.
:)


3 comments:

  1. I loved the rat. I used to keep rats when I was a child. They were the most intelligent pets I ever had. The mice were the most interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous animals The cats are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. I love the cat-that-looks-like-a-lion. And that's an interesting idea: memorial beads. I still have Mum...

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin