May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I haven't posted in a while because nothing has really motivated me to share anything on here. Life was extra busy last week and there have been some fun nights with people here for dinner, or I have been out for dinner, or just out I guess. Much wine and laughter - always good for the soul.  I loved the new Star Trek movie!

Work is busy, but going well.

Students at work....
We currently have four classes of students and I am really appreciating their attitudes, and the hard work being done by the wonderful people I teach with. When I see the negativity and bitching some people deal with at work, this is not something I take for granted either. One of our team Tina, had her baby last month and we got a special visit this week - one gorrrgeous wee boy Lincoln.

Choir at lunchtime today was fun, as usual. I often arrive feeling a bit stressed, but I get to float back to teach or write, singing as I go and feeling great. I also start a new choir in the evening next week... really looking forward to it after going to their recent concert.

In other news, I found my birth father in the UK. He has been looking at this blog and seen the pictures of us all. He wrote to say he wishes us all well, but he doesn't want to make contact... and he seems to have a good reason for it so yes it is sad, but I undertand and respect his wishes and at least another part of the story is solved.  I am sorry I wont get to know him, or his son though.  Perhaps I might see some pictures eventually so that I too can satisfy my curiosity! It is strange to live in a world where the only genetic relatives I have met are my own children.  I have no one I can blame for my nose.... but at least I can face my inner ginger after confirmation that my father had red hair.  I guess that's where all our auburn glow comes from.... and freckles.

It is however, totally lovely to chat regularly with my first mother, who is currently holidaying - well move living, in France for the summer after her recent return from visiting one of  her other daughters in Greece. Hope you had a safe trip over :)

Poppy has been busy at work too. Here she is making friends with a bag of sawdust...



Poppy waking up for a morning tummy rub
So although it is not a life shatteringly exciting post tonight, I am thankful for a temporary sense of tranquility, the sound of gentle rain on the roof (despite the leak)  and the chance to practice. I have been singing The Peace Song by Dorothy Buchanan because I just loved working on it earlier today and it fitted the mood this evening:)

Here are the lyrics... there is a video of it being sung by children afterwards if you want to hear it.

:)
'Peace Song' by New Zealand composer Dorothy Buchanan, composed in 1972.
For you my friend I have one wish,
I wish that you will find
The way to know and love your friend,
Which comes from peace of mind.
No more of warring hate or doubt,
No talk or thought of gain,
Time now for sowing seeds of joy:
La paix, la joie, l'amour.
Peace, shalom,
Pax, aroha,
La paix, la joie, l'amour
Peace to all who search for truth,
Peace and joy and love.
If we would buy with effort peace,
The cost to us would be
Our search for fortune, petty needs,
We'd find tranquility.
To find your true self seek for peace
With head and hand and mind,
With friends and lovers unite for peace,
Peace and joy and love.
Peace, shalom,
Pax, aroha,
La paix, la joie, l'amour.
Peace to all who search for truth,
Peace and joy and love



3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, and I wish for you to enjoy that sense of tranquility whenever you need it!
    For me, posting always takes a back seat when I have RJ staying with me, and with all the bank holidays we've been having this month in Germany, he spent a lot more time at my place than usual. So I understand very well about offline life taking precedence over online life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say I enjoyed the new Star Trek movie, too, although there were a bit too many extended scenes with one-to-one bone-breaking fist fights in it for me, and Khan had not much in common with the Khan of "later" years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are certainly good things for which to be thankful Fi.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin