November 25, 2013

Seventies Nostalgia - Happy Birthday Jaz


Jaz celebrated her birthday with a 70's party to recognise the decade of her birth. I can say it was fun reliving the years I was a teenager. Those of us from the older generation there found it quite strange to see so many things we had forgotten about and listen to all the music again. Jaz might have been born in that decade but we had the main memories.

Lava lamps and fibre optic lights...


Candlewick covers, crochet rugs, LP's of Kiss, and Suzi Quattro, and Supertramp...
Strange ads in magazines for alcohol and cigarettes
Chocolate Fondue
Orange and brown and patterned plates
Rosie joined in with a Peace bandana..
All the guests got into the swing of it all...


Sandy, as Sandy with "Fred" 

The Boyz

Molly

Phoebe seeing the world through rose tinted glasses


The kids got Pinata but we had a pin the 'tache on Tom Selleck competition - so we had some fun with them all afterwards.

It was a lovely night!
Today is Jaz and Mark's wedding anniversary too.
Congratulations to you both.
xxx



3 comments:

  1. That looks like great fun! Jaz could have stepped right off the stage from a performance with ABBA :-)
    I was born in 1968 and so have childhood memories of the fibre optic lights, which my parents never had but I always admired in other people's homes... I didn't like Kiss, but I loved ABBA and the Bee Gees and some others... Memoires!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely journey back to the 70's. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot! I can still hear my grandfather snorting as we drove past a young man with shoulder-length hair "Can't tell if it's a boy or a girl these days!"
    I painstakingly cut out the psychodelic flowers from a roll of wallpaper and stuck them all over my ceiling...
    Happy days.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin