January 5, 2014

Living in the Now

I read this by Saz today and it made me smile.
The future is brighter, actually NO!! the NOW is brighter..I want to be present in the now, 'cos it's taken me a long time to realise, I mean really realise, that is all we have.The past is gone, over, just a memory somewhere inside...but being present and tangibly making myself FEEL everything, every word, thought, feeling, touch...is all there is, and all there ever will be...no more what if's, no more well this might or might not happen...It is Now writing this post, that matters and is the only real thing, this moment...
and so here is 2014, unfolding...live each moment... now that IS exciting!
I have followed her blog for many years - through her marriage, separation, the death of her lovely mother and fellow blogger, Moannie,  house moves, her new business, many losses, recent successes, and quiet periods of reflection.

Change requires us to reflect on what is important to us.
Perhaps it takes dark times to make us really appreciate living.

2013 was filled with many troubles, frustrations and frankly, revulsion at the situation that unfolded.  I have seen sadistic and evil acts, that I can never unsee, inflicted on strangers, and had to deal with the emotional trauma that has been inflicted on people I love and care about. I must live with that.  There are other victims still working through it too.

It was also filled with love and support and appreciation of many incredibly wonderful friends and my families - my lovely Mum and Dad and children, my mother in the UK who contacts me regularly, and of course Jaz and Mark and the girls. A huge thank you to you all from the bottom of my heart. I love you all.

This year will just be.  I know there will always be changes to deal with or battles to fight ahead of me.  I refuse to worry about them because they are not here and now....  they will get the attention they need as they happen.  New friends, new ventures also lie ahead.

But I'm just enjoying the now.









12 comments:

  1. Wow thank you for the mention and the honour fo saying you are inspired..lovely post and has left me just a tad fuzzy!!

    am always so happy to come back to the blogsphere..i always miss it so much...and always miss so much..

    lots of love hun x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the saying: "Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift, and that's why it's called the present."

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so you should, Fiona!
    I was never much of a worrier, but ever since that Thursday afternoon in November 2009, when I came home from work and found my husband dead on the floor in our livingroom, I have made it a priority to cherish what I have (in material and all other senses) NOW. You never know how long it'll be there for you to enjoy, or how long you yourself will be there to enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a reminder of how fast life can change Mieke - such a shock for you. I love how you manage to enjoy and savour your life o much :)

      Delete
  4. A wonderful reminder Fi, thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Saz! She summed it up for all of us! I know your journey has been a challenge too....

      Delete
  5. Carpe deim. Wonderful medicine. I couldn't agree more with Saz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you too Fi.
    Taking a leaf out of your book (blog) too. The present. A good place to be. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Saz says, NOW is all there is. Enjoy the good memories, make the fun plans, but the only place you can actually be is the present. A good friend of mine, a priest, said every day is Christmas because each morning we are given a new present (get it?)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin