February 21, 2014

22.2.2011 memorial

If you are new to my blog, then you may not be aware I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. 
Three years ago tomorrow we had our worst earthquake. More devastating than the even bigger one in September 2010.  Many people died in the 6.2 of 22.2.2011.
We have had many, many thousands of earthquakes - the posts about them from those worst days and our recovery since can be found in the label "earthquakes" on the main blog page.  

This video captures some memories of these days.



I apologise if some pictures have gone from any older posts - I am gradually rebuilding them where I can.

Kia kaha is a Māori phrase used by both the Māori and Pākehā (European) people of New Zealand meaning stay strong, used as an affirmation. The phrase has significant meaning for both the Māori and Pākehā people

Kia kaha Christchurch. 

2 comments:

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin