September 4, 2014

Four years.....

A peaceful morning, totally unlike the rude awakening of 2010 on September 4th.
Seems a lifetime ago.
Progress is happening, but so slowly and for many the stress of repairs, insurance battles, financial strain and uncertainty has been unimaginable.  

I found this picture and article in today's paper interesting... 

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/10457378/Disaster-repairs-just-10pc-complete

Yesterday I read Deb's blog post.. "The heart expands when it is broken".  She makes some great observations and reflections...
Such as
In the last four years I have learned that everybody has a breaking point,
it is just that some people get there sooner.

I have learned to respect this and to make allowances for someone
who is not coping, instead of judging them as I may have in the past.
Do read her post for yourself at
http://deb-robertson.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/the-heart-expands-when-it-is-broken.html

So thinking of everyone here today as we rebuild our city, our lives, and cope with the changes together.

2 comments:

  1. I admire each and everyone of you who have decided to stay! I don't think I'd been able to cope with the constant threat of more of the same happening, I'd probably have fled to a place deemed "safer" (if there is such a thing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona I was away at a wedding in the Highlands when you posted this and I read it the next day and popped over to Deb's blog and then life took over and I haven't been back since. I was trying to grapple with the statistics and their enormity and what they meant in human terms. I still have difficulty with that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin