September 8, 2016

What is the future for the Christchurch Eastern Red Zone?

Life without Jessie is settling into a new routine; sad but different. Her ashes have returned and in time I will think about where I want to put her - with Saffy's ashes that I still have here too.

One silver lining has been the fact that Poppy and I can explore further afield again. Much as I miss seeing Jessie enjoy her walks, we had become restricted in where we could go! I often walk along Locksley Ave to the boat sheds on the River Avon, which runs along the end of our road. Lately Poppy and I have explored many different banks and stretches of the Avon as it runs towards the sea and they all have one thing in common; they are Red Zoned and all the residential housing has gone. It means we have acres and acres of green land with trees and roads....  and the question is what will be done with it.
There have been many ideas.  This video explores some of them.  I'm not sure what is the best solution, but the video gives you an idea of what I mean about the size of the green space and the land that surrounds where I live.




I have posted before on how the landscape around my house has changed since the earthquakes... the latest update was in June if you want to look back.
https://fourpawsandwhiskers.blogspot.co.nz/2016/06/horseshoe-lake-update.html


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Jessie. It is the most heart rending part of having a pet & I've had to face losing one many times.

    We were all dismayed by the earthquakes and it must be difficult getting used to new sky lines.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link on knee surgery. It was just what we needed. Now, if you have any advice on making Sophie 'regular' that would be wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Yes we'd read about the bowel movements after 5 days. Thanks again for the brilliant article. What's worrying us, and we can't get any sense out of our otherwise brilliant French vet, is why she won't pee. Or, as last night, pee at 4 am after 24 hours. Is it just hit and miss ? We've tried supporting her back with a towel and now a harness but nothings happening. Could it be the pain killers ?

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin