October 9, 2016

End of the holidays...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

It's been a busy two weeks. My brother was here from Vancouver, so lots of catching up to do.  It's been a long time since it was just us with Mum and Dad so we took the chance to take them over to Governor's Bay for lunch and have some laughs about family memories over a few days together.  We were very sad to see him leave.
I needed a new shower installed when it became obvious it was leaking - so in between all that I was getting materials together and getting the builder and plumber in -  but it's worth it - all shiny and new - managed to get it mainly finished before I flew over to Nelson last weekend and had my little Spring  break. The weather was unsettled but enough sun and a well stocked log burner took care of that and it was lovely to find some time to shop and talk and catch up with Libby and Davy and some other lovely Nelson friends... And of course wee Fergus.

Poppy had fun back here with Alex. 

Back to Christchurch in time to fit in choir, some dinners with friends, and celebrate some birthdays - Phoebe is 8 this week, where has the time gone!!!!, so took her present out yesterday... And never even took a photo. The girls are growing up so fast..

And James had a birthday dinner on Friday and today, we all went for afternoon tea at my parents to celebrate with them. 

Long phone chat with my other mother last night too - and regular facebook chats with my sister in Greece.  All in all, a fabulous time filled with family, friends and good times and the house is getting into shape for summer ahead. 

I don't take it for granted. I know it is a privilege to have a lovely home and so many wonderful people in my life and to share so may experiences with them.  
Much love to you all xxx



10 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Fi! You are like me in that respect, not taking it all for granted. I feel an immense gratitude about all the good that I have in my life - my family and friends, my flat, my job, my health... the list is long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often think that when I read your posts - you enjoy your life and have a lovely family- and friends :)

      Delete
  2. So funny to think of you as about to begin your summer, It's getting cold here and the nights are drawing in.
    Sounds like all is well there. I too feel grateful for my lot right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the universe has lined up very well for you - good karma :)

      Delete
  3. What a great post! You have a wonderful family and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great you had a good time catching up with your brother and others
    An adventures family, a brother in Canada and a sister in Greece. Nice for you to visit one day, as both countries are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ye s- I can see a long trip on the cards in future....

      Delete
  5. Hope all is well and that the tsunami and earthquake passed you by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will see my latest post - we are fine... but very tired.

      Delete

Comments welcome....always love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin